Join us in our mission to help children improve math proficiency through the use of hands-on, inter-active exhibits and displays that explain and demonstrate math principles. Young students – Grade K-6 – engage with basic math concepts in a unique way which is visual, tactile and easy to understand.
Archie’s Math serves as an advocate for hands-on-math in our community helping teachers and administrators learn how to effectively use manipulatives to teach elementary math and we strive to make the Archie’s Math Experience accessible to all young people in our community.
Educational volunteers support the delivery of Archie’s Math programs and events and are integral in contributing to the successful achievement of the organization’s mission.
Primary volunteer duties include:
- Interacting with students during events offering them a positive and engaging experience.
- Explaining basic math concepts and how they relate to the exhibits.
- Encouraging students to experience math through our hands-on manipulatives and exhibits.
- Assisting with set-up and disassembling exhibits during an event.
Minimal qualifications include:
- Interest in working with children
- Prior educational background and or education experience is a plus – but not necessary – just an interest in helping kids become eager math learners.
While most work takes place during the day (Monday to Friday) in a school setting , with occasional evenings and weekend events, volunteers work hours will depend on their availability.
To find out more about becoming a volunteer, e-mail us at email@example.com.